Language Selection

Get healthy now with MedBeds!
Click here to book your session

Protect your whole family with Orgo-Life® Quantum MedBed Energy Technology® devices.

Advertising by Adpathway

         

 Advertising by Adpathway

Will Timothée Chalamet’s third Oscars snub finally humble him? Experts weigh in on ‘arrogant’ actor’s Hollywood future

2 months ago 23

PROTECT YOUR DNA WITH QUANTUM TECHNOLOGY

Orgo-Life the new way to the future

  Advertising by Adpathway

After spending Sunday night being the butt of Oscar jokes and losing the best actor race, Timothée Chalamet — accompanied by girlfriend Kylie Jenner — was among the first to leave Hollywood’s Dolby Theater, spies told Page Six.

Hand in hand, they made a beeline across the lobby to a VIP elevator that whisks stars upstairs to the Governors Ball. The couple was closely trailed by Chalamet’s “Marty Supreme” co-star Gwyneth Paltrow after their movie was shut out at the awards show.

“They were out of there,” one onlooker told us of Chalamet and Jenner, who were soon seen looking loved up at the Vanity Fair bash.

Chalamet and Jenner were seen laughing during the Oscars — despite jokes being lobbed at the “Marty Supreme” star. ABC
Timothée Chalamet embraced girlfriend Kylie Jenner at the Vanity Fair Oscars party after this Best Actor loss. REUTERS

During the show, Chalamet, 30 — who lost the little gold man to “Sinners” star Michael B. Jordan, as Page Six predicted — was subjected to an on-air torrent of jibes about his recent comments that no one cares about ballet and opera.

“Security is extremely tight tonight,” host Conan O’Brien said during his opener. “I’m told there’s concerns about attacks from both the opera and ballet communities.”

To his credit, Chalamet was seen laughing as the host added: “They’re just mad you left out jazz!”

But it is now the third Oscar nomination that Chalamet has lost (including “Call Me By Your Name” in 2018 and “A Complete Unknown” in 2025) — despite belief that he was the frontrunner for much of this awards season, after winning Golden Globe and Critics’ Choice trophies.

The “Marty Supreme” actor was seen talking with sister Pauline Chalamet at the Oscars Sunday night. REUTERS

One well-placed film-industry source told Page Six how, when a big project flops, “everyone [involved] does a post mortem … he should definitely have that moment: ‘I didn’t get the result I wanted, what could have been the reason?'”

A Hollywood insider previously told Page Six that a backlash brewed against Chalamet because of his perceived “arrogance,” saying “he reeks of Oscar desperation.”

While some in Hollywood may admire Chalamet’s gonzo promotional tactics for “Marty Supreme” and “A Complete Unknown,” not enough of them are Academy voters — many of whom, sources said, may have been turned off by his weird mix of self-serious boasts about greatness and the odd Gen Z humor that fueled his wacky marketing stunts.

Michael B. Jordan won Best Actor even though Chalamet had appeared a lock for much of the awards season. REUTERS

“Three times [losing] at the rodeo, you would hope he has some self-reflection,” the industry source said.

During the media and marketing campaign for “Marty Supreme,” Chalamet had taken on the guise of his cocky character — but pivoted to be more self-reflective once he was nominated for an Oscar.

So the loss came as almost a scolding from his Hollywood peers.

Chalamet and Jenner wore “Marty Supreme” orange during the movie’s promotional campaign. Deadline via Getty Images

“This is supposed to be the best performance, not a popularity contest,” said another Tinseltown insider. “Arguably, Timothée’s performance as Marty was a better acting performance than Michael B. Jordan … but [Jordan is] a nice guy, and his heartfelt speech was great.”

But the industry source said of Chalamet, “I don’t think he regrets how he marketed the film, he’s always been excited by how well it does at the box office. He sent young people back to the box office to watch movies, and he’s proud of that.”

Oscars host Conan O’Brien joked in his opening monologue that ballet and opera stars were coming for Chalamet after the actor’s comments that they are dying arts. AFP via Getty Images

Debra Birnbaum, editor-in-chief of awards tracking website Gold Derby, predicts we may see a more low-key Chalamet promoting his next big movies — including, reportedly, an in-development “Wonka” sequel.

“Next year he’ll be campaigning for ‘Dune: Part Three,’ which is more of an ensemble anyway — and he’ll likely follow a ‘less is more” strategy,'” Birnbaum told Page Six. “He has a long career ahead of him, and plenty of time to achieve the path to greatness. The academy famously makes it actors wait — so a little patience will go a long way.”

Read Entire Article

         

        

Start the new Vibrations with a Medbed Franchise today!  

Protect your whole family with Quantum Orgo-Life® devices

  Advertising by Adpathway